Friday, January 13, 2006

Lillian Allen - Revolutionary Tea Party



I know technically today is Thursday but I figured I’d post this today so I won’t have to mess around with posting again tomorrow morning… I’m starting the weekend early – woohoo!

Lillian Allen was born in Spanish Town Jamaica in 1951 and moved to North America in 1969. She studied in New York and Toronto, where she eventually settled. She is known as a pioneer in the reggae sub-genre of dub poetry and a true ground-breaker for women in the field. She has won countless awards including 2 Juno awards for her albums “Revolutionary Tea Party” and “Conditions Critical.” She is still active today and has gone on to write stage plays, radio programs and even helped make a documentary on Mutabaruka called “Blak Wi Blakk,” which I’d love to see! So without further ado… here is Lillian Allen’s “Revolutionary Tea Party.”

3 comments:

Annukka said...

Jeez! My netconnection was down for a couple of days and menawhile you have posted loads of excellent stuff! Thank you x 10 times :-)

Anonymous said...

thx...i was looking for this one...but how to download it? i don't see any link...

John AKA Reggaexx said...

The link is no longer operational and this record is in storage... I don't know if I'd be able to dig it up. Could anyone help out?