Happy Halloween everyone! Below you'll find links to the final Halloween treats from Distinctly Jamaican Sounds this year...
The Complete Jamaican Halloween Spooktacular 2008
And for those of you who haven't taken the leap with an Ipod...
The Jamaican Halloween Spooktacular 2008 - CD Size!
But wait! There's more! My 2008 distinctively non-Jamaican Halloween Mix that I've entitled, "Satan Takes A Holiday." This mix is chock full of mostly surf and rockabilly (with two reggae tracks thrown in for good measure) and it was the first time I've ever devoted the entire Halloween mix to one subject; all the songs are about Satan, hell and the devil. I know it sounds frightening and uncharacteristically far removed from the usual vibes I try and create with my Jamaican mixes but I've taken on the subject with a relatively light-hearted approach... on second thought maybe I should save this one for election day! It may be just me but when I think of politricks, McCain & Obama, the sorry state of the international economy, lying, stealing and cheating politicians I immediately start thinking of Satan. Nah, I've got something else in the works for election day.
Non-Jamaican Halloween Spooktacular 2008 - Satan Takes A Holiday
Here's the tracklist...
2. Ghoultown – Fistful Of Demons
3. Anton LaVey – Satan Takes A Holiday (vocal)
4. Langhorns – The Sinner
5. Deadbolt – Devil Took Mrs. Jenkins To Hell
6. The Chop Tops – El Diablo
7. Steve King – Satan Is Her Name
8. Misfits – Devil’s Whorehouse
9. Bauhaus – Party Of The First Part
10. Satan’s Cheerleaders – Satan’s Stomp
11. Reverend Horton Heat – The Devil’s Chasing Me
12. The Success All Stars – Dr. Satan Echo Chamber
13. Mable John – Sweet Devil
14. Messer Chups – Go Satan Go!
15. Gein & The Graverobbers – The Devil’s Skin
16. Southern Culture On The Skids – Devil’s Stompin’ Ground
17. Rocky Velvet – Lou Siffer
18. The Cramps – Papa Satan Sang Louie
19. Screaming Jay Hawkins – Little Demon
20. Nekromantix – Demons Are A Girls Best Friend
21. Satan’s Pilgrims – Satan’s Theme
22. Rosengarden & Kraus – Satan Takes A Holiday
23. Lee “Scratch” Perry – Seven Devils Dead
Whatever you're doing or not doing tonight be sure to have fun and I hope to see you on Tuesday! After trick-or-treating with the kids I'll be down in Washington DC for DC Soundclash where I'll be getting the opportunity to play some of these Halloween tunes for a live audience! Needless to say, I'm pretty psyched!