Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween From Distinctly Jamaican Sounds!


Happy Halloween everyone! Below you'll find links to the final Halloween treats from Distinctly Jamaican Sounds this year...

The Complete Jamaican Halloween Spooktacular 2008


And for those of you who haven't taken the leap with an Ipod...

The Jamaican Halloween Spooktacular 2008 - CD Size!

But wait! There's more! My 2008 distinctively non-Jamaican Halloween Mix that I've entitled, "Satan Takes A Holiday." This mix is chock full of mostly surf and rockabilly (with two reggae tracks thrown in for good measure) and it was the first time I've ever devoted the entire Halloween mix to one subject; all the songs are about Satan, hell and the devil. I know it sounds frightening and uncharacteristically far removed from the usual vibes I try and create with my Jamaican mixes but I've taken on the subject with a relatively light-hearted approach... on second thought maybe I should save this one for election day! It may be just me but when I think of politricks, McCain & Obama, the sorry state of the international economy, lying, stealing and cheating politicians I immediately start thinking of Satan. Nah, I've got something else in the works for election day.

Non-Jamaican Halloween Spooktacular 2008 - Satan Takes A Holiday

Here's the tracklist...

1. Los Tiki Phantoms – Satan’s
2. Ghoultown – Fistful Of Demons
3. Anton LaVey – Satan Takes A Holiday (vocal)
4. Langhorns – The Sinner
5. Deadbolt – Devil Took Mrs. Jenkins To Hell
6. The Chop Tops – El Diablo
7. Steve King – Satan Is Her Name
8. Misfits – Devil’s Whorehouse
9. Bauhaus – Party Of The First Part
10. Satan’s Cheerleaders – Satan’s Stomp
11. Reverend Horton Heat – The Devil’s Chasing Me
12. The Success All Stars – Dr. Satan Echo Chamber
13. Mable John – Sweet Devil
14. Messer Chups – Go Satan Go!
15. Gein & The Graverobbers – The Devil’s Skin
16. Southern Culture On The Skids – Devil’s Stompin’ Ground
17. Rocky Velvet – Lou Siffer
18. The Cramps – Papa Satan Sang Louie
19. Screaming Jay Hawkins – Little Demon
20. Nekromantix – Demons Are A Girls Best Friend
21. Satan’s Pilgrims – Satan’s Theme
22. Rosengarden & Kraus – Satan Takes A Holiday
23. Lee “Scratch” Perry – Seven Devils Dead

Whatever you're doing or not doing tonight be sure to have fun and I hope to see you on Tuesday! After trick-or-treating with the kids I'll be down in Washington DC for DC Soundclash where I'll be getting the opportunity to play some of these Halloween tunes for a live audience! Needless to say, I'm pretty psyched!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OWOOOOAH!!!!
Talk about worth waiting for!
Downloading s fast as I can - can't wait to hear your '08 mix in entirety.
Ditto Satan Takes a Holiday - Reggaexx, you're spoiling us!!!!
wishing you - and everyone - a Halloween you'll remember for a very, very long time.

Muahahahahahahahahhhhh

Anonymous said...

Awesome mixes, dude.... I really appreciate all the time taken to put them together, and all the great info that accompanies them. :)

BTW... if you plan to do another "Satan / Devil" non-reggae mix, two tracks that would be cool to include would be "Welcome To Hell" and "Party In The Graveyard" by Haunted Garage, from their 1991 cd "Possession Park" on Metal Blade Records. Haunted Garage were very much influenced by The Misfits, the Cramps and similar bands. You can find a handful of live videos by them on YouTube.

HAve a great Halloween and thanks again for the awesome mixes you create :)

Erick said...

Thanks for the downloads. Unfortunately I'm iPod impaired. But I can't wait to listen to The Jamaican Halloween Spooktacular 2008 - CD Size!

Happy Halloween!

Bubbashelby said...

Great work on the countdown! Here's to next year!

Azathoth said...

I have a computer (a pc, take that apple!) so I'm good with the larger size even without an ipod. ;)

I love your Halloween Spooktaculars! I find myself listening to last years all the time even when its not Halloween season. I'm looking forward to hearing '08

Happy Halloween!

Unknown said...

thanks so much - a really inspiring month of checking in nightly, more please! I'd love to get a listen of your (anti)politics mix from 06 i think, it being an especially political week, but the original file share seems to be out of order? Have been so inspired that I am just finalising my pirate songs (of the avast me hearties kind) mix. Know any suitable reggae? Anyone over the sea seen Babylon yet? It's a re-release of a uk film charting the story of a sound system clash with Jah Shaka in 70's London, chimes in with "the harder they come" stylee. love, welshminibar

Anonymous said...

great as always. one of the best blogs out there!

Waskrijt said...

I’m seriously amazed, the mix is maybe even better than the previous years. With the stand outs: Flip Kay’s Duppy Bawl, especially the ‘GG All Stars’ tune is very beautiful, Two Bad Duppy, Black Cat Version and Beware Of The Vampire.

Thank you for another great mix sir!

bunnyboy said...

Thankyou Thankyou for all the sweet halloween in a reggae stylee type tunes.

I will scare all the kids with it.