I've been messing around with my GarageBand software and some of my all-time favorite tunes produced by the man Junjo Lawes. This is my first attempt at really juggling tunes - or putting together a continuous mix on the same riddims and it has been coming out okay. It's not perfect but in regard to doing the same with 2 turntables and a mixer it would be nearly impossible. I've had some limited experience with trying it out the old fashioned way with massive assistance from my friend Nick and his skills and if I can dig up the CD maybe I'll throw that up too - complete and un-cut with the occasional skipping record. I guess that's one of the problems you must be prepared to encounter when spinning 20 year old Jamaican pressed vinyl.
I'll be posting this first part of this multi-riddim challenge in installments so that once they are all completed you'll have a complete Junjo Lawes/Volcano Mega-mix! I've actually been working on two mixes simultaneously but the second one with longer segments of each tune is not panning out nearly as well. This first part contains the "Another One Bites The Dust" riddim and "Three Blind Mice" which is one of my real favorites... I don't know maybe it has something to do with loving the original tune/nursery rhyme way back in elementary school. But I digress... please, let me know what you think.
Juggling Junjo Part One
Also - I am adding this identical post to my Junjo Lawes Discography page since it is definitely relevant over there as well! If you haven't checked out the Discog site be sure to have a look around. I know it's not much to look but what's more important is to see how important Junjo Lawes was to "rub-a-dub" and reggae music as a whole. A truly prolific and talented producer with an unbelievable string of hits and a stable of artists that virtually defined who's who in Jamaican music during that era and even today.
Another One Bites The Dust
1. Toyan - "How The West Was Won" - How The West Was Won CD
2. Michael Prophet - "Gunman" - Greensleeves 12"
3. Johnny Osbourne - "Backra" - Jah Guidance 7"
4. Yellowman - "Jamaica A Little Miami" - Mister Yellowman CD
5. Michigan & Smiley - "Lu-Be-Lu" - Volcano 7"
6. Clint Eastwood & General Saint - Another One Bites The Dust - Greensleeves 12"
Three Blind Mice
1. Josey Wales - Three Blind Mice - Arrival 7"
2. Little John - Slim Thing - Volcano 7"
3. Yellowman - Who Can Make The Dance Cork - Volcano 7"
4. Culture - Jah People - Culture & Don Carlos - Roots & Culture LP
5. Tony Tuff - Come We Come Fi Mash It - Jah Guidance 12"