Thursday, July 21, 2011

Jah Thomas is the man!!

I have always been a big fan of Jah Thomas - both as a DJ and a producer and now I'm a big fan of his honesty and integrity!

A few months back I came across this article in the Gleaner online, talking about how Jah Thomas was in the "specials" business - for those who don't know, a special is when an artist overhauls the lyrics to one of their most popular tunes and gives shout-outs to a sound system, a selecta, or in this case a blog...

I had been exchanging e-mails with Jah Thomas for a few weeks - never really with the intention of having him do some work for me, I was afraid that the cost would be beyond what I could spend for a complete re-do of his classic tune "Friday Night Jamboree" on the Heavenless riddim. So I asked him how much it would cost to do a couple drops and jingles that I could use in the appropriate mixes but then he made me an offer that was too good to refuse... so I nervously agreed to send him the money, not because I didn't trust Jah Thomas but because I didn't know how one goes about sending money via Western Union and I was afraid he would never get it.

That was on Monday afternoon and as promised, in less than 48 hours I received the jingles and the complete "dub-plate" of "Friday Night Jamboree" now subtitled "Suburban Jamboree" via e-mail! I've got to tell you... I was smiling ear to ear and listened to them repeatedly. It ranks up there as one of the best purchases I've ever made!

Now I don't use this blog to sell things or advertise but I just wanted to get out the word that if you're in the market for some top quality, professionally produced specials for your sound system, DJ set or for your own blog - shoot him an email or give him a call! And he has access to loads of other artists as well!

You will not be disappointed! Just tell 'em I sent ya!

Here's a sampling of a couple of the jingles - coupled with a tune called "Nite Life," a 12" on the J&B label...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice story, i wish i had known this whilst i was running a night called dance on the corner.

respect
martin

Anonymous said...

What a purchase indeed!

Thanks for the link, I plan to have one done too ...

Irie !

Blessings & Greetings

Ras*Israel

Amsterdam