Sunday, July 13, 2014

Smile A While - Summer 2014


Yes folks it has been forever since I posted last but life always has a way of getting in the way of blogging and mixing.  We are in the midst of Summer and it is actually embarrassing that the last thing I posted was when Winter was still kicking our collective asses.  I apologize for leaving you hanging for so long... that is if I still have anyone checking the blog at this point besides those routinely posting spam in my comments sections.  Just a note to those people, I am not at this time, nor will I ever be interested in checking out your pyramid scheme or financial services and for the record, I am completely satisfied with the size of my penis, thank you.  Well enough about that... :)

So with Summer in mind, I decided to shake off the rust and get back to putting together a little something for your warm weather listening pleasure.  A compilation of tunes, as the title would suggest, about smiling... kinda reflecting how I'm feeling this days!  It's amazing how warm weather has that effect on me!  Now this isn't a highly researched and thoughtfully selected mix but it is just something to get the ball rolling again and I hope you enjoy what you're going to hear!

1.  Beres Hammond - Smile
2.  The Paragons - Only A Smile
3.  Cedric 'Im Brooks - Smiley
4.  Gregory Isaacs - Smile
5.  Marcia Griffiths - Try A Little Smile
6.  I Roy - Smile Like An Angel
7.  The Tennors - Smile (My Baby)
8.  The Silvertones - Smile
9.  The Itals - Small Knotty Dread
10.  Lyn Taitt & The Jets - Only A Smile
11.  Tinga Stewart - Smiling Faces
12.  Roy Shirley - I Like Your Smile
13.  Dennis Brown - You And Your Smiling Face
14.  Niney & The Soul Syndicate - Smile Dub
15.  The Skatalites - Smiling

 Enjoy!


3 comments:

Muddy said...

It has been a while, but it's always worth the wait. Thanks for the perfect mix for midsummer.

The 69 Eyes said...

Thank you so much for yet another
great compilation. Always great to come back here and discover such new pleasures.

Gibson-US said...

Love it! Thanks for taking the time to post. We love it when we check and there is a new mix waiting for us. Enjoy the rest of your summer!