Monday, October 05, 2009

Jamaican Halloween Spooktacular 2009 Track Three - Murphy Romeo's "Ghost Affair"

Welcome back to the Spooktacular! I hope everyone had a great weekend and is looking forward to hearing some more spooky Jamaican tunes to help get you in the Halloween spirit!

Starting off our first complete week of October merriment is an artist by the name of Murphy Romeo... now here's where I'd give you a little biographical write-up but sadly I was unable to come up with anything to share aside from the fact that Romeo recorded a couple other singles besides the one you're going to hear shortly.


The song is called "Ghost Affair" and comes off a 1975 7" single on the World Wide label and tells the tale of a woman being haunted by a ghost and the trouble that ensues after she hires an Obeah man to rid her home of the spirit... it would probably be correct to say that the Obeah man is the one who meets the most trouble. This is a fun tune and I only did a little embellishing to sweeten it up a bit.

The image of the sad ghost you see above was a cardboard cut-out originally manufactured by the Beistel Company, circa 1975 and borrowed from The Haunted Closet blog. I have fond memories of these ghosts from elementary school and I just found a reproduction set at a local supermarket for $2.99 and best of all... they glow in the dark!!

Spooktacular Track Three

2 comments:

Waskrijt said...

Great tune!

Christofari said...

Lahd, mi head!!!

So far up my street it plumb ran me down.

Just awesome. Please, more!!!!