Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Halloween Mix 2007 Track 18 - Elroy Bailey's Moving Creatures

Run for your lives! The 18th installment in our spooky series walks among us! Keeping it short today... the next track comes to us from bass player Elroy Bailey, often known as Ras Elroy, and his 1979 release called Red Hot Dub on the Burning Vibrations label. This is the only album Bailey ever released and like "Moving Creatures," which you're about to hear, the rest of the album follows in a similar fashion that makes for some mellow listening. And though "Moving Creatures" does a decent enough job of creating the impression they're in the midst of something horrifying lurking right outside your moonlit window, I have added some appropriate sound effects for accentuation.

On the other hand since I've never seen the film and judging by some of the reviews I've read, The Creature Walks Among Us, is nowhere near as effective as Ras Elroy's tune in eliciting thrills and chills. The third sequel to the classic Creature From The Black Lagoon (1954) was released in 1956 and was the only "Creature" film not shown in 3-D. Personally, it sounds like this one might be right up my alley... a wild beast terrorizing and rampaging through the streets of San Francisco leaving destruction in its path kind of like a man-sized Godzilla! It sounds like perfect Halloween viewing so how could it be all bad?

Track 18

How about leaving a comment if you've been diggin' what you've been hearing... it'll make my day.

6 comments:

Waskrijt said...

i think there are much people enjoying these wicked tunes (the upsetters - vampire, is superb!)but the problem is that they dont have much to respond, and find it hard to only say thanks you al the time. well that counts for me. I do want to discuss reggae, but im just starting to listening it over a year ago.

The only tune that came to my mind around this halloween subject, is the LSP-tune 'judgement in a babylon' but thats not really fitting in this mix. A great tune though.

and oohyeah thanks!

Anonymous said...

I haven't listen to this type of music in over 20 years but stumbled in looking for Halloween tunes. I have enjoyed every track so far as well as the story behind each one. Although I won't be making this music style my regular habit, you have convinced me I should add a few in to the mix now and again. Thanks for helping me rediscover some of my youth.

maggotronix said...

thanks for these mixes, the halloween ones are tight. they make me wish i had some mixing equipment. instead all i can make are compilations. keep it up. Festival of Samhain is near.

Anonymous said...

I keep meaning to stop by and thank you for sharing these awesome sounds. this is a great mix you're putting together man.

John AKA Reggaexx said...

Thanks for all the kind words!

Anonymous said...

Thanx for the spooktacular mixes!..loved it last year...loving it now!...great work, really appreciate it!