Thursday, October 18, 2012

Jamaican Halloween Spooktacular 2012 - Track Twelve - Barnabas

Will Barnabas Collins ever stay dead?!  Regardless of Tim Burton's atrocious summer blockbuster paying pseudo-homage to Dark Shadows, I will take the over-the-top acting of Jonathan Frid over Johnny Depp any day!  

Regardless, we will get into the twelfth track in the 2012 Jamaican Halloween Spooktacular... this little dubby number is simply titled "Barnabas" and it comes from a 1976 7" on the Nationwide label by the man Pat Kelly and produced by none other that Vivian "Yabby You" Jackson.

I have spiced it up with a trailer from the 1970 film "House of Dark Shadows."

And this may be a new record... 8 tracks in a row without a single comment on any!  So great to see my efforts are being appreciated... just thought I'd bitch a little!


5 comments:

Cerpts said...

As someone who is also doing a much less ambitious audio Countdown to Halloween (and also not seeing many comments), I wanted to let you know that your work is very much appreciated - and extremely impressive. Not only the great tracks but the stunning artwork you provide for each song. Perhaps such a high level of work leaves people without anything to comment about but all the hard work you obviously do should not go without being praised. Especially after the recent debilitating computer problems, the fact that you're back without a hiccup in quality is even more impressive. Don't get discouraged!

locke1up said...

Your effort is definitely appreciated. It wouldn't be Halloween for me without the Spooktacular.

Emily said...

I appreciate you! Sorry, I'm a lurker generally and it usually doesn't occur to me to comment on things. But I definitely recognize the hard work that goes into curating a mix like this. Thanks for the jams man.

John AKA Reggaexx said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement!

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!! I am always checking in on your blog and of course, I put a link up on my fbook page as well! PLEASE know you are loved and appreciated!