Friday, February 19, 2016

Day 111 of 365 Day Jamaican Music Challenge - John Holt - A Love I Can Feel

John Holt's catalog of hits could easily fill multiple days in the 365 Day Jamaican Music Challenge but today, in keeping with the love theme we've had going on this week, we're going with one of his best.  "A Love I Can Feel" was John Holt's cover of the 1963 Temptation's Motown single "I Want A Love I Can See" and originally recorded at Studio One and released in 1970.  As one would expect, since this was one of Holt's signature tunes, he re-recorded a couple more times throughout the years... today's 111th track was done in 1976 for Channel One and included on the album Up Park Camp.  I have always loved this particular version because the organ and the hand drumming really adds some nice dimension to the track.
 

No comments: