Monday, May 23, 2016

Day 205 of 365 Day Jamaican Music Challenge - Macka B - Reggae Lives On

A few months back at our first Reggae Spin Cycle my life-long friend Nick whipped a tune into his set that had me floored... you see he is more attuned to newer music and anytime we get together it's always a learning experience for me because I am so out of the loop with anything newer than 1993.  This song is called "Reggae Lives On" by longtime British deejay Christopher MacFarlane AKA Macka B and it is an absolute thing of beauty.  Macka B pays tribute to all the Jamaican music legends who have passed away and name-drops nearly all of 'em!  It's odd that my appreciation for newer reggae has a lot to do with its acknowledgment of its past and this one does just that!  This one comes from a various artists CD called Live & Love Riddim by Mafia & Fluxy from 2012... dig it!

No comments: