Sunday, February 14, 2016

Day 106 of 365 Day Jamaican Music Challenge - Bunny Scott - I've Never Had It So Good

Though Patti and I don't make it big deal about today's "Hallmark holiday" Valentine's Day, it won't stop me from posting a song today that I dedicate to her... Bunny Scott gives us a super sweet tune called "I've Never Had It So Good" and it concisely reflects how I feel about her and how much I love the life we have together.  

But enough mushy stuff...  Bunny Scott (born William Alexander Anthony Clarke) was better known as Bunny Rugs, the lead singer of the internationally acclaimed band Third World from 1976 until his death in 2014.  "I've Never Had It So Good" was recorded and produced by Lee Perry at the Black Ark Studio some time in the late 70s and released on the Warrior Records label in 1979, and once you hear that signature echoey/spacey sound with your own ears and won't have to take my word for it.  Years ago Bunny Rugs was asked where he got his nickname... he explained the Bunny part was given to him as a small child by his grandmother when he used to hop around the house like a rabbit... the Rugs part was provided by a member of Third World's road crew because of his propensity for sleeping on the floor.  Happy Valentine's Day!


No comments: