Tuesday, May 30, 2006

5 More From The King

As you can see from the photo (sorry it's so blurry - the security at the concert venue were being real A-holes about taking pictures)... I got the chance to see Yellowman Sunday night and being that I've had his music in heavy rotation since, I thought it would be a good time to share 5 more singles from my favorite DJ!

The first tune is the wicked "Belly Move" or more commonly titled "Body Move" from a Volcano 7". If you're familiar with Yellowman's music you'll notice the mix is a little different that the track that appeared on his "Nobody Move, Nobody Get Hurt" album - it's a little more raw sounding and I think you'll dig it! The second track is "Lover's Take Over" from a Witty's Music 12". The third is "Learn The Water Pumpee" with Danny Dread on the Absissa label and it's actually more Danny Dread than Yellow but he does do a cool rap at the tail-end of the track. The fourth track is "Gregory Free" a tribute to Gregory Isaacs from 1983... I have the 7" on the Witty Music label but this one actually came from a rip of the blank pre-release 12" pictured. Finally going a little more digital I've got "Mr. Consular" with Home T4 on Mango from 1985.









2 comments:

Hearwax said...

NIce tunes :0)
thanks & respect.

John AKA Reggaexx said...

I'd have to agree with "Mr. Consular." Not one of my favorite Yellowman tracks but a pretty good representation of the wacky stuff Sly & Robbie were cranking out in the mid 80's.