Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I Should Be Ashamed! My Summer Sounds Compilation

Still haven't had time to do a real update... I should have just taken the easy route and announced a summer hiatus but being that we're nearing the end of July it might be too late to do so... I haven't stayed inside long enough to write anything of interest though I have the feeling once I make it through the summer and the weather starts getting cold and uninviting I'll be happy to seek warmth in front of my keyboard. Please accept my apologies...

As for DC Soundclash... I had an absolutely awesome time and I am extremely thankful to Mark for inviting me to play some music! Oddly enough, it's hard to believe it was nearly a month ago! I wish I could do it again this Friday but I don't forsee me getting off work to do it... I am shooting for the last Friday of August, if they'll have me back! Hint, hint!! An absolute blast!!

Check back next month for another lame/lazy update! Hopefully I'll have something of substance before that but I'll just stick with the disclaimer that way I can cover my ass if I can't pull it together! LOL

But in the mean time (and after taking the cue from Hearwax's Studio One post) I present for your summertime listening pleasure, 10 tracks that never fail to put me in a warm weather, kick back and sip on a bottle of Red Stripe mood... the tracks are as follows...

1. The Sensations - "Everyday Is A Holiday" - from the Duke Reid's Treasure Chest CD
2. Jackie Mittoo - "Summer Breeze" - from the CD The Keyboard King At Studio One
3. Pat Kelly - "Summer Time" - from the LP Talk About Love
4. Yellowman - "Mi Believe (Summer Holiday)" - from the King Yellowman album
5. Cornell Campbell - "The Sun" - from the Dance Inna Greenwich Farm album
6. Tyrone Taylor - "Rainy Sunset" - from the Strictly The Best Volume 14 CD
7. Gregory Isaacs - "Private Beach Party" - from the Private Beach Party CD
8. Lee "Scratch" Perry - "Love Sunshine, Blue Sky" - from the Jamaican E.T. CD
9. Barrington Levy - "Warm & Sunny Day" - from a 12" on the E.A.D. label
10. The Wailers - "Don't Rock My Boat" - from the Songs Of Freedom boxset

...get outside and enjoy!

Summer Sounds Compilation

4 comments:

John AKA Reggaexx said...

I guess everyone's digging this with over 100 downloads or maybe they aren't... no one has left a comment so I wouldn't know. Hint hint!

Zero G Sound said...

Here´s the first day for weeks with rainy clouds and some rain drops - so this collection is more than welcome! Thanks!

John AKA Reggaexx said...

Zero G - glad you're enjoying it! Thanks for the feedback!

Miss F said...

what a wonderful collection, i only wish i knew the password. woe is me