Monday, October 21, 2013

Jamaican Halloween Spooktacular 2013 - Track Fifteen - Loch Ness Monster

Welcome back!  It's pretty common knowledge around this blog that I love the hell outta King Horror and it just wouldn't be October without a helping of this early reggae "screamer."  And believe me, you're gonna hear some screaming!  

Way back in 2006 I included "Loch Ness Monster" in the first Spooktacular and in the years that followed I covered all of his spooky horror-themed material ("Dracula Prince Of Darkness," "Frankenstein," "Ghost Hour," "The Vampire")... until now.  I had resigned myself to the fact that I wouldn't have enough King Horror tracks to last forever and I was delighted to unearth this gem a couple years ago when I did my King Horror mix.  This second, or alternate take of "Loch Ness Monster" was an added track on Trojan's 2003 CD release of the classic 1970 LP of the same name, and it's just as shriekingly entertaining as the original.  

If this is your first taste of King Horror you're in for a treat!  This is definitely reggae music with a late-night horror-host vibe that I'm sure you'll enjoy!  


No comments: