Thursday, November 26, 2015

Day 26 of 365 Day Jamaican Music Challenge - The Wailers - Thank You Lord - Happy Thanksgiving!

Yes, it is time for yet another tune in the 365 Day Jamaican Music Challenge.  I had absolutely no trouble in picking this one, an absolute classic!  "Thank You Lord" by the Wailers from 1967 has become a holiday staple for me over the last 25 years and while everyone else is enjoying the time with their friends and family I'll be spending the day at work... again!  And no I'm not talking about a couple years here and there, this is my 19th consecutive Thanksgiving worked!  It's absolutely infuriating and has now gone on for so long that it's completely ridiculous.  But I'm not going to dwell on the negative... 

I am thankful for the family and friends who make my life worth living… the people who I unconditionally love and who unconditionally love me right back. I may not be rich, handsome, cultured, Ward Cleaver or Albert Einstein but I am that I am and it feels good that there are people who accept me as I am regardless of my warts, foul mouth, unconventional outlook on life and propensity for wasting money on booze, horror movies and reggae records.  I am thankful for the life I lead and for all those daily little things that make life worth living!  Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: