Sunday, November 29, 2015

Day 29 of 365 Day Jamaican Music Challenge - John Holt - Stick By Me

You'll have to forgive me this week if I get a little sappy because it's gonna get personal.  No, I'm still going to have a track each day but I dedicate the entire week to my love Patricia Parker.  You see, on Monday she's going to be admitted to Johns Hopkins for a serious neurological procedure and to be completely honest… I'm scared shitless.  The thoughts of anything bad happening to her absolutely fills me with dread and fear and it is only my faith in God that I know everything will be okay.  As much as I'd like to perform this surgery to make sure it's done right, I can't because unfortunately I am not a surgeon nor do I play one on TV, so that aspect is completely out of my hands.  All I can do is show her my support and my unyielding love and this is the best way I know how to express it to her.  

So please… if you're the praying type please say a prayer for Patti and if you're not, good vibes are always appreciated.
 

We start things off this week with one of those tunes that really pulls-at-the-heartstrings.  John Holt's reggae rendition of a song originally written and performed by the American doo-wop group Shep and the Limelites, "Stick By Me" circa 1970/71 produced by the great Bunny Lee. 

I love you darling and that's no lie
Oh oh, stick by me, I'll stick by you
When you cry, I cry, too
Oh oh, stick by me and I'll stick by you
Remember my heart and my love belong to you
Oh oh, stick by me, I'll stick by you



No comments: