Friday, January 20, 2006

More Music Coming Soon...

Luckily I made it through this hellacious week but as you can see I haven't had time to post anything new... stay tuned, I should be back up and running by next week!

Of note - I was going to post a tribute to Wilson Pickett but the only reggae cover of one of his most famous songs I have is "In the Midnight Hour" by John Holt and I didn't want to use one of his tracks like I did with Lou Rawls. I know Ken Boothe did a version of "Mustang Sally" and George Faith had a great Upsetter produced rendition of "Midnight Hour" but I don't own either of them.

Next week in honor of the upcoming DVD release of the cheesy but surprisingly enjoyable 1986 Harold Ramis comedy "Club Paradise" - starring Robin Williams and Jimmy Cliff - I'm going to share a couple of tracks from the soundtrack LP and attempt to justify why this movie is so entertaining!

1 comment:

Annukka said...

Outside the subject, but if you haven't discovered this blog yet, it looks like a nice one:
http://hearwax.blogspot.com/