Thursday, December 03, 2015

Day 33 of 365 Day Jamaican Music Challenge - Techniques - Queen Majesty


Sticking with yet another rocksteady tune from Treasure Isle... this one is the 1968 classic by The Techniques called "Queen Majesty" and like the rest of the week it also goes out to Patti.  A cover of the 1963 Impressions song "Minstrel & Queen" the Jamaican version sounds so much sweeter than the original... but then of course I may be just a little biased.

Today the recuperation continues, Patti is in great spirits as the mending continues.  I am thankful that she is getting back to being herself and each day that goes by I realize how much of a trooper she really is; you can't keep her down!  I don't know where she gets the strength... I know if the roles were reversed I'd wouldn't want to do anything but lie in bed and feel miserable and sorry for myself for the next six months but she is getting back on her feet!  She really is amazing!

No comments: