Friday, December 18, 2015

Day 48 of 365 Day Jamaican Music Challenge - Little John - United We Stand, Divided We Fall

Track 48 of 365 in the 365 Day Jamaican Music Challenge is called "United We Stand, Divided We Fall" by John McMorris AKA Little John and it comes to us from a sweet slice of early 80s 12" vinyl.  Produced by the great Junjo Lawes and released on the Jah Guidance label in 1982, this has always been my favorite Little John tune!  It was also one of the first Junjo productions I ever bought, at Daddy Kool Records in London while on vacation many years ago.  This record along with a stack of other vinyl treasures I had accumulated were lugged from London to Ireland to France and back to the States in a heavy flat cardboard box that never left my hands or my lap.  It also started my near-obsession with Junjo's productions... an obsession that still has an effect on my vintage vinyl buying habits.  Riding a bass heavy Roots Radics take on the Silhouettes riddim, this record is a thing of beauty!  


No comments: