Saturday, July 02, 2016

Day 245 of 365 Day Jamaican Music Challenge - The Termites - Beach Boy

Happy Saturday folks!  Believe me, I'm definitely not trying to rub it in, but thank God I am on vacation!  During the bleak months of winter when I'm white-knuckled driving back and forth to work in snow, sleet and freezing rain with the defroster on full-blast to keep the windshield from freezing-up and the reggae on the car stereo to keep my calm and sanity, the future prospect of me sitting in shorts and a t-shirt on a warm beach with nothing to do seems like an absolute impossibility... but thankfully my mid-winter daydream has come to fruition!  With that said, and as you can probably imagine, today's tune and the line-up for the upcoming week are all going to be "summer-centric."  We're kicking it off with "Beach Boy" by the duo called The Termites!  The Termites were Lloyd Parks and Wentworth Vernal and the rocksteady they recorded with the Soul Vendors for Coxsone Dodd was fantastic!  "Beach Boy" was originally released as a single in 1967 on Dodd's Muzik City label as well as on their LP Do The Rocksteady on Studio One.  Enjoy!

No comments: