Saturday, July 30, 2016

Day 273 of 365 Day Jamaican Music Challenge - Peter Ranking & General Lucky - Tired Of Walking

Keeping with the dancehall vibe for another day... today's tune is "Tired Of Walking" by the deejay duo of Peter Ranking and General Lucky.  This one comes from a 1982 7" on the Corner Stone label produced by Tinga Stewart and was only recently discovered a couple years back when I went on a massive tax-refund financed record buying spree.  One part of "Tired Of Walking" that haunted me from the first time I heard it was the soothing female chorus of "treat me right, treat me good" and I quickly discovered that it came from a lovers styled track by Angela Stewart called "Good Good Loving" which appeared alongside Ranking and Lucky's tune on the 12" release on the Calabash label the same year.  A nice mellow deejay tune for a lazy summer Saturday!  Enjoy!

No comments: