Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Day 248 of 365 Day Jamaican Music Challenge - Ruddy Thomas - Everyday Is Just A Holiday

"Everyday Is Just A Holiday" is a Jamaican classic... originally recorded by the Sensations for Treasure Isle in 1968, it is one of those rocksteady tunes I loved the first time its seemingly melancholy strains reached my ears many years ago.  It's the kind of song that gets stuck in your head long after the needle has been pulled or the CD has been stopped and with that in mind I decided to mix it up a bit by not using it for the 246th track... instead I decided to go with a 1978 reggae cover by Ruddy Thomas from a 12" discomix on the Errol T label.  Today's tune also features the deejay stylings of Trinity with a little ride on the same riddim called "Natty Dread On The Go."  Most importantly "Everyday Is Just A Holiday" sticks with the little summer vacation thing we've got going-on this week because I swing and dine, I joke awhile, play awhile, 'cause everyday is just a holiday... at least this for week.  Dig it!

No comments: