Friday, October 08, 2010

Jamaican Halloween Spooktacular 2010 - Track Six - Ghost Walk

Carlton "Caly" Gibbs is up next in the Spooktacular with a record that works well with the spooky vibe we've got goin' here... The song is called "Ghost Walk" and was recorded and released in 1970 on the Pressure Beat label in Jamaica and the Amalgamated label in the UK. A nice ol' school DJ style over Joe Gibbs' version of the Bob Marley "Duppy Conqueror" rhythm... a real bad-ass tune!

Speaking of Ghost Walks... I'm planning on hitting a local ghost walk this weekend in Havre de Grace, a small town situated on the Susquehanna River and only a few miles away from home. Unfortunately we got rained out last year so I'm hoping that the weather holds... Oddly enough, this will be the first ghost walk I've ever done on this side of the Atlantic and I'm looking forward to getting in the spirit and hopefully getting the hell scared outta me! I'll let ya know!

Have a great weekend and I'll see you on Monday!

"Ghost Walk" by Caly Gibbs
Jamaican Halloween Spooktacular 2010 - Track Six

2 comments:

Pik-Cor said...

So, did you go on the Ghost Walk? How was it? Let us know with a blog post...?

John AKA Reggaexx said...

I waited until the last minute and wasn't able to get tickets for all the friends that wanted to come along so I held off until Saturday the 23rd... I will write a distinctly non-Jamaican review at that time. :) Glad to know there are people reading my posts!