Monday, October 11, 2010

Jamaican Halloween Spooktacular 2010 - Track Seven - Dracula

Tommy McCook & Bobby Ellis are up next with a smooth instrumental in honor of the world's most famous vampire! McCook (March 3, 1927 - May 5, 1998), a founding member of the Skatalites, was one hell of a saxophonist and this track makes that quite evident. Ellis (July 2, 1932), an alumnus of the Alpha Boys School, was/is a hell of a trumpeter and his combination with McCook on this track also makes that quite evident. The tune comes to us from a 7" on the Soul Beat label and when put inna combination with a couple snippets from Bela Lugosi's legendary performance in the 1931 classic, you have a pretty spooktacular track... if I do say so myself.

"Dracula" by Tommy McCook & Bobby Ellis
Jamaican Halloween Spooktacular 2010 - Track Seven

1 comment:

Eegah!! and Tabonga! said...

Irie Ites!! These mixes is what I would be playin' for all my fiends, if I had any! Thanx Bro!