Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Day 312 of 365 Day Jamaican Music Challenge - Wayne Wade - Little Suzie

Another day, another milestone for the 365 Day Jamaican Music Challenge... we have reached the 310th day of this project and the tunes just keep on comin'!  In all seriousness, I could probably continue this track-a-day thing for the rest of my natural life.  There are so many great songs and artists that I'm afraid I have missed over the last 10 months that I am now concentrating my efforts on trying to cover as much as possible.  But no one cares about the inner-workings of my brain, you want to hear some music so let's get to it!  Wayne Wade got his start in the mid 70s recording for the great Yabby You and had almost immediate success with the single "Black Is Our Colour" and his first album of the same name in 1976.  This lead to a string of three more albums in the next couple years and Wade branching out to record for Joe Gibbs and Linval Thompson.  Today's tune "Little Suzie" AKA "Suzie" was one of the records he did for Thompson and was originally released as a 12" in 1980 on the Down Beat label.  Pure jilted-lover lyrics over the monster riddim track that Linval had used on his epic "Curfew," which we featured back in February.  Tuff stuff!

No comments: